Friday, January 2, 2009

This just might work...

So, as most of my friends/family knows, one of my hobbies outside of the house is to go to the gym. I feel so much better after going, not just physically, but emotionally as well. With the cold weather and my working almost every weeknight, I have rarely had the opportunity to go to the gym. But wait! I have found a solution!

We have a bike that I don't like and so tonight, I am in the midst of making a trade. I am hoping that I will be able to have an elliptical instead, as this was my passion when I went to the Y. It was amazing how easy it was to take an hour to myself , throw on my headphones and "run." I did this at least 4 times a week, sometimes up to 6. My cardiologist was impressed and I have my yearly exam in September and want to show how much work I can do this up coming year but not only getting my heart stronger, but losing a few unwanted pounds as well.

When I am working during the week, I usually get home at 10:30 at night. This is usually the only time I have to myself during my whole day. It will be the perfect time to have a workout and maybe...just maybe get to bed before 1. This way, I will avoid the mad rush of people who begin going to the gym after the new year begins.

I think this just might work...

1 comment:

  1. I wish you good luck, Crystal.

    I wish I could bring myself to leave the house and go to the gym again but even if no one knows I feel like all eyes will be on me, oh there's the girl who lost her baby AND her husband, stay far, far, far away from her!

    I know that it's not true, but can't help those feelings.

    Plus it almost feels worthless now, because I started going to the gym because I was starting to fear my marriage wasn't doing well but i think it was just a gut feeling, I just mis-read it that's all. I think my heart knew something was going wrong... terribly wrong.... *sigh*

    ReplyDelete